6 Step Planning Strategy For Anything
You have ideas, LOTS of brilliant ideas. You probably talk about them and share with your family and friends and they ask you when these things are taking shape and your response is “I’m working on it now.”
But are you? Is life happening and those hours and days keep moving along but your projects don’t seem to be?
Here are 6 steps to get you clear on what you have to do to get that ball rolling. It probably seems like common sense but you’d be surprised how many people don’t do this.
1. Make a list of your projects, plans, collaborations, any of the larger things on your to-do list.
2. Take one item at a time and break down all the parts and pieces that are involved in that project.
3. Rinse and repeat. Do this same process with each of your listed items.
4. Prioritize the main projects.
5. Set deadlines. Some of your projects may already have deadlines. If not set a reasonable time for each of your big list items to be completed.
6. Now choose the project with the soonest deadline and take a look at the sub-items you listed that have to be completed in order to make this project happen. Working backwards on your calendar from the deadline, plug in a day/time to do each of these of these items.
Voila! A plan is created! Now here's THE most important next step. DO IT! You must stick to the plan and make it a habit. If something comes up and you can't finish a task on the assigned day, RESCHEDULE IT.
You must take action to keep the momentum going to see your projects come to completion. Now get on it and create your plan so your ideas become reality!
I love doing this stuff and am an amazing time strategist for entrepreneurs. So if you think this all looks good on paper but is not something you could actually implement, I would love work with you and show you how! Accountability is key to getting shit done and that is one of the best parts of working with me!